Monday, November 1, 2010

light on the hill


sometimes nyc gets me down...i can lose my patience with work, the subway (when i take it), strangers, friends, the guy at the bodega, the woman taking my order for pho...you name it...but this past week nyc was my hope. i was dreaming of being back in my city, of seeing the skyline as we descended from the clouds. ah, to cruise over the water and be 40 minutes from my village!

i haven't had this feeling in quite a while. "new york, i love you but you're bringing me down" was my theme song for a few months. i am so happy to announce, "i love new york!" (for now.) let me be reminded of this post in the dead of winter.

i am actually happy to be back in the office today. i've caught up with dd and mugi joined me today. she's a good little worker. she's been eating lots of treats and receiving belly rubs aplenty! i missed my little beastie last week. we had a nice reunion on saturday evening which lingered into a lovely sunday and several long walks.

so what is happiness? this feeling, a rush, an accomplishment? is it an emotion that slips through our fingers? does it have to be so elusive? i love the idea that we might not be able to accurately identify if we are, in fact, happy...

here is another article on my favorite topic from the nyt...http://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/10/06/the-spoils-of-happiness/ interesting...

No comments:

Post a Comment