Monday, February 22, 2010

how i wish...

A song for you today...

Walking to work after kind of a blah weekend, aside from yoga and dinner with friends last night, Yeasayer's Tightrope came on my ipod. I love the opening lyrics...Actually, I am in love with the song in its entirety.

So you're wishing that you never did
All the embarrassing things you've done
And you're wishing you could set it right
And you're wishing you could stay the night
But then I go again, wishing never solved a problem
If you wanna get it big time, go ahead and get it get it big time

One of my friends asked me if my blog was inspired by dating in the city...He said, "...you know, like, there he is through the grit..." or something like that.
Well, it wasn't my intention. My original idea was seeing beauty or happiness through the grit of the city...it was finding a moment of peace, bliss, or awe. I wanted people to see some of the amazing things that I see on a daily basis...Maybe it was just something simple that made me stop, even if just for a moment...barely stopping at all.

I suppose this posting is inspired by dating in the city...God, yes! I wish I could take back all of the embarrassing things I have done! Even a few of them. There have been several in the past few weeks. Dating can make you a little crazy, ladies and gentlemen. You can feel like you are completely sane one minute and the next you are filled with emotions that are overwhelming. Maybe it's just me...but I am putting it out there for all of you who have experienced this too.

The one thing I can advise is that if you have multiple dates with someone and set the stage one way make sure the curtain goes down in the same fashion as the play was set. It is just a common courtesy. Another thing I can say is...there are going to be a lot of dates out there...it doesn't happen immediately for most of us. There are going to be disappointments and small heartaches. But, but, but!!! You have to pull yourself up and try again even if it seems impossible.

Maybe I will post a happy picture later. I feel a little better now.

For now...Yeasayer for you. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GziH8s7ksMo&feature=player_embedded

No comments:

Post a Comment