Thursday, February 17, 2011

down south

Way down...Argentina!

I've been here for nearly two weeks. Long days, hard days. I am exhausted, to say the least. We've had early call times and it's been hot, hot, hot.

My intention was to continue on with my practice. That's proven extremely difficult when working 16 hour days. I am looking forward to being home and being back in a routine.

I miss my life...like, my regular life with Mugi and things that seem routine. I know that seems incredibly blase...but it is the truth.

For some reason when I am away for work it is fun, but not me. I guess it used to be. I used to so look forward to it. Now, I feel like I want to be with those I love and the city that I love. I don't mean to sound like an ingrate. I am so blessed...I know this.

I've also been thinking a lot about loss. I think that when I am away from the familiar I start to miss things that weren't necessarily good for me. It 's a difficult thing to explain and I wish it weren't so. Hours on set allow for lots of time to sit and think...That can be dangerous.

I hear that the weather back home is warming up. I hope that the snow starts to melt. After living through many Maine winters...I know that Mother Nature can be a tease...I also know that sometimes she just wants to show us that it is going to be comfortable again.

No comments:

Post a Comment