Thursday, January 27, 2011

winter winds



I know that I have been rather negligent about posting my images...and that when I started blogging it was mostly me speaking through pictures. I guess I have had a lot to say and to be really honest, I haven't taken that many pictures recently...what does it all mean!?!?

Yesterday was off...like really off...all day. DD and I decided to hit an after work yoga class. We were running late because work has been insane and when we got to the center the only class available was a beginners class. I was disappointed because I really wanted to challenge myself, but I was content to be stretching out a bit. The teacher was a bit of a bummer. She was making passive aggressive remarks throughout the class and would get upset if someone did something outside of her instruction. It was odd...

DD and I thought we would get some soup after class and try to recover from the weird energy. It was pelting frozen snow and not all that enjoyable to be walking about. We were supposed to head up to see J at his place and after much back and forth we did and that's when the energy turned into brilliant sunlight. Ahhhhhh...we just cozied up in his studio, noshed on various dips and chicken and watched the snow fall...I am omitting the terrible and scary cab ride that got us to J's...I am blocking it from my memory forever...

By the time we were ready to leave about 6 inches of snow had fallen. It was beautiful, but we were a bit stuck. I convinced DD that we were be safe in a cab. He was able to drop us at Horatio and Bleecker...a short walk for me...an hour walk for DD. I invited her to stay the night, but DD is DD and persevered.

So, here we are with MORE snow! I have to say it is so beautiful and kind of fun to trudge through. People seem to be smiling a little more today and to be talking to each other a little sweeter. Maybe we just needed a clean slate.

No comments:

Post a Comment