Thursday, March 10, 2011

I'm sleeping in the kitchen...

Many New Yorkers sleep in their kitchens, living rooms, dining rooms, offices...We have such a limited amount of space. I was listening to this really sweet song by the Drums named, "Make You Mine" and it made me think about how we live and love.

The singer talks about being so confused and distraught that he's eating in his bathroom and sleeping in the kitchen. Maybe this is what's wrong with all of us living on this tiny island, on-top of each other (sometimes in a good way). We just want to love and have it be reciprocated...

I received a message from an old high school friend on OK Cupid yesterday. OKC thought we'd be a good match...very funny...In his note he said that he feels undateable. I totally get that. So many of us feel that way. It's rough out there. Right now I am really so happy to go home and flop on the couch after a night out. I miss having someone to share that with or who is totally inspiring...but I know that right here, in the present...this is real...who knows what the future holds. Happiness is abundant, as is love.

The other thing that I thought of when I heard this song was how nice it must be to have some sort of creative outlet when you feel angsty...I could just imagine this guy running into his crush in a crowded bar...the other guy's arm slung over her shoulder, her looking down, interlacing her fingers with his...and how the man with his unrequited love must have felt...how lucky that he could write some lyrics, pick up a guitar and sing his thoughts. It sure beats some of the other things that we do when we are feeling rejected.

No comments:

Post a Comment