Thursday, March 3, 2011

looking back...

And moving forward. I just reread March 3rd from last year. I was so happy with my friends last year at this time. This year, I have been missing them a bit. I was able to catch up with M and A this week...both were long overdue. I also realized that I need to take some more pictures for my shabby ol' blog.

I think that so many of the close people in my life have entered into much more serious relationships in the past year. This is so fun to watch and to be a part of and to welcome their partners into our friend circle.

D and her man moved in together to a fabulous new place in Brooklyn. They met less than a year ago, yet seem so perfect together. They love the others quirks. How lovely is that? It's funny how that happens. Something just clicks into place and suddenly it is a part of your life...not the missing piece, but a piece that just fits perfectly and enhances the entire puzzle...it's nice to think of life as an enormous unfinished puzzle that just grows and grows with each new piece and the focus can shift depending on where each piece is placed-a new focal point can be created.

In therapy yesterday I was talking and talking (shocking, right?) and then somehow I started talking about how happy I am with where I am at. The happiness stems from being content with my surroundings-work, friends, apartment, activities...and then the topic changed to relationships and what I really want...What I really want is to be me-the nurturer and to be with someone who reciprocates that. Not in a co-dependent way, but in an "I believe in you" way and to keep my interests and curiosity peaked and to foster that in someone else. I now know that this exists. Clipped wings are not an option.

No comments:

Post a Comment