Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Fever indeed...


I just saw that I double posted pictures yesterday...a bit delirious on this side of the world. I wasn't going to say anything, but since I got off of the plane in Hong Kong I have had maybe one of the worst colds that I have ever had. I have been drinking tons of water and I brought along some Alka-Seltzer Cold and some homeopathic stuff...which, I am now out of. I didn't want to complain while in paradise

Last night I decided it was time for the big guns and got out the Cipro. It was a last resort. Both nostrils were stuffed and I was coughing up ick and believe that I had a fever. No fun...The place that I am staying has a gift shop and when I asked for anything to help she offered me a menthol inhalant and Friend of a Fisherman cough drops. I took the inhalant and passed on the drops. After 2 hot outdoor showers, 2 doses of Cipro and liters of water I am starting to feel better.

Today I can breath! Today I also want off of this island. I don't think it is the island. I think it is the resort aspect of this place. There isn't a place that you can walk to see the the village or a taxi to take you someplace other than the gates...I tried to hire a long tail boat to take me to some islands and they informed me I had to be a minimum of two...

Okay, I am going to go and clone myself now...Maybe suck on some extra Friend of a Fisherman and lay in the pool for hours on end...or possibly they have a massage that will assist me in multiplying myself. Don't get me wrong, everyone is sooooo friendly and they want to help, but it does little good to tell a single gal that she can't go anywhere because she is only one.

I hope everyone is staying warm and safe on the east. I have been watching BBC and the footage looks rough. Now, I know they always make it out to be worse than it is...but dd send me a picture that she took walking to a closed Duane Reade...oofa! I'm not going to lie...it made me a little homesick to think of my new Bean boots standing by the door...I know, I know...paradise! I am here now...It is beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment