Friday, December 24, 2010

hello from hong kong!

bloodshot and bleary eyed waiting for the next stop...bangkok! a few minor glitches getting off the ground today. got a cab fairly easily, then it got rear ended on park ave...no damage done...got off at the american terminal out of habit, i was flying on cathay...took the airtrain...c'mon friends...you know i don't do public transport. i really had to resist the urge to hail a cab to the next terminal. this trip is about pushing the limits and stepping outside of my comfort zone, right.

i finally got all checked in and then decided i should make a quick call to the bank to be sure that i could use my atm and credit cards with ease. well, i have too many digits in my pin...so...no, i can't. i will share this story upon my return for those interested.

onto the good stuff...so, i treated myself to first class for the 16 hour flight from nyc-hk. it was all on miles. i'm not a high roller! let me tell you about first class on cathay. i didn't want to leave. 16 hours? blink! 3 movies, 3 amazing meals that included lobster, caviar, sea bass and a hot pot snack...comfy cotton pajamas, unlimited seltzer water and a flat bed with a down comforter. it was insane and i know that economy will never be the same.

now i am sitting in the hk airport waiting for my flight to bangkok. i am a little nervous about arriving in bangkok. okay, a lot nervous!

more to come. it's a little strange being so far from home right now...far from the familiar. i can imagine that my mom is finishing up wrapping my nephew's gifts. my dad is being sent out for a few more things from the grocery store, my little brother is eating a big bowl of cereal on the couch...although, he is a total health nut now...so maybe not. i wonder if they will see a movie tonight, as that has become the tradition on christmas eve.

lots of time to think already. i can't even imagine what the next 17 days have in store.

joy to world!

No comments:

Post a Comment