Thursday, December 30, 2010

Grit's my thing...






I am feeling sooooo much better today, physically and emotionally. I don't think that I realized how sick I was. I just kept pushing because I didn't want to miss out. Apparently, this is called FOMS (fear of missing something.) Having FOMS in conjunction with a raging chest and head cold can lead to misery. Luckily, I have kicked both.

I was a little sad to be leaving Koh Yao Yai this morning. I got up incredibly early and ate by the pool and then laid by the pool and then took a walk. I spoke with the manager to let him know that he should allow people to leave the grounds more easily. I must say that my favorite part of Koh Yao Yai was the open taxi ride back to the speedboat. It was so much fun. It is the original hair dryer. I just took my hair down and let it blow around. It was very freeing.

I arrived in Bangkok this afternoon and was ready to go. I walked to the Sky Train and went over to the shopping district. There is some amazing stuff to be had...for a price. I stuck to t-shirts and locally made goods. I then took a tuk-tuk to Chinatown for some dinner and then another cab to a night market. The night market was a bit disappointing. Lots of backpackers and junk being sold.

Tomorrow I am going to try to see a Wat or two. These are the Buddhist temples. I visited one when I first arrive in Bangkok on December 24th. I am also going to try to do a little more shopping and eating. It feels so good to not have to choose from the same old menu on Koh Yao Yoi. I drank three coconuts and a fresh pomegranate juice tonight. My body is happy.

Tomorrow it's off to HK for New Years. And then to Bali for a nice long visit.

I have posted a bunch a pics from the past week. The pool and ocean shots are Koh Yao Yai and the second set is the city snaps from Bangkok. There is also one with my humidity perm...I am still kicking over here in the East.

Thanks for the notes from those who have been in touch. It's fun to check my email in the morning and evening and hear what everyone is up to. It's a nice long break and it sounds like lots of adventures are being had.

No comments:

Post a Comment