Sunday, December 12, 2010

i called you back...

or did i? at this point i have no idea whose calls i have returned. i am trying to be diligent about this. it upsets me when i reach out to someone and don't hear back. in the long run it is so much easier to type a quick text or email or dial the phone for a brief chat. it makes everyone happier.

when i am on the road as much as i have been it can be so difficult to stay in touch. the days slip by so quickly and are filled with mountains of work. today a morning meeting that was supposed to be an hour turned into 2 hours and then 2 more hours of crafting a shot list and now it's on to planning the meeting for tomorrow.

i'm not complaining that i have so much work. i love it. i love being busy, but i do miss my friends and family. i spent my car ride to the airport sending texts to set up my one weekend home, next weekend, catching up with everyone before i set off for my long holiday.

in the past, when i traveled this often, i would throw an intimate dinner party. it was so nice to have as many people that could attend in the same place. this year has been different. there aren't enough hours in the week. i miss my pals tremendously and hope that 2011 has many days and nights filled with laughter, bottles of wine, long chats, and love. i wish that for everyone.

i love this will oldham song. it makes me think of all those that i love and have loved. if i didn't call you back...i call you back now to a place beside me. it's love...pure love.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mQ8Abke6dg

No comments:

Post a Comment