Monday, December 27, 2010

Jungle Love

So here I am on Koh Yao Yoi...It's been a lot of moving around, I can tell you that. Between the cabs, boats, speed boats, subways, planes...wooh...vacation is exhausting.

I checked into my bungalow, which was supposed to be a a beach bungalow...it's really in the jungle...like, way in the jungle. I will admit that I cried when they walked me to it. I know, I am a baby.

For starters, I was disappointed to not be on the beach, then I was scared to be the dead last hut in the joint. I'm a single lady! Then I saw all of the couples and families racing around. That made me a little sad. I eventually got used to it and planted myself on my deck that overlooks, um, jungle...and read for a long while on a bed covered in mosquito netting. It was um, romantic? Then I sent myself off to dinner.

Dinner was nice...It was at the outdoor restaurant lit by flickering candles. I had myself a glass of wine as they cleared Elijah's setting (they left his chair.) I sat and read again and ate and looked around. One of the staff came by to talk...nope...he came to take Elijah's chair. So much for that!

After that I scheduled a massage for the early morning. I was sure I wouldn't sleep. I slept...I then went to my massage and slept some more. I had a light breakfast, trekked back through the jungle and laid down and slept some more. I am just up now and in the "library." There are maybe 100 books and wifi. I am thinking that I will change my boat, car, flight and head back to Bangkok to rock out for an extra night. The jungle is nice and all...but...

I have learned that I am not sure about resorts. This didn't look like a resort...it is...complete with screaming children. It is beautiful though. I will post pics later. I think if there were some other solo travelers it could be really fun.

I am not sure why I had the sudden interest in caps! I hope no one minds.

All in all this is pretty amazing, even the jungle. I am going to go and lay by the salt water pool and read some more...

No comments:

Post a Comment