Saturday, March 6, 2010

spring?


last night when dd and i were walking to the local watering hole for our friday night bevvie she turned to me and said, "i just realized something is different." i said the snow had melted and she said, "no, it's still light out!" so true! the temperature rose a little last night. it makes it so much easier to get around and to want to be outside. even the morning light in my apartment has a different quality now. it lifts the spirit.

with hope in my heart i slipped on my grey flats instead of boots to make my weekly trip to the local farmer's market this morning. i really wanted to ditch my coat this week...but i do live in reality. last week the market was covered in snow and i trudged up there in my really femme fatale sorels and down sleeping bag coat. my mushroom guy wasn't there a week ago due to the snow. he said he got 3 feet upstate!

my feet were a little cold. but it felt so good! mugi and i wandered for over an hour. it was the perfect saturday morning. we got up early, hit the market, then the cheap florist. daffodils! they even had ranunculus. they aren't as welll groomed as the flower market, but i'll take them.

back home in my cozy spot listening to bon iver, reading my new Martha Stewart (thank you AHH), cooking up new craft ideas, arranging my flowers, figuring out how to make my maitake mushrooms this week and waiting patiently for the hardware store to open so i can buy seeds for my fire escape garden. i am thinking of herbs and lavender...

No comments:

Post a Comment