Monday, March 15, 2010

strings and things


today i am missing my violin...maybe it's the heavy sky and the way the strings evoke a certain mood...it can really be any mood. it all depends on the arrangement.

i am on the hunt for music that incorporates more strings. i have been in love with horse feathers for a few years now and ra ra riot did it for me a year ago...andrew bird-love him when he doesn't sing...i know, i know...but he is the reason i picked my violin up again. my teacher just didn't get that and i got bored of doing the same darn etude over and over again.

i guess i have to get my beauty tuned and head back to lessons. i am a much better listener than bower. everyone grew tired of my same two songs. there are some things that you just have to do for yourself, even if you do them badly...

No comments:

Post a Comment