Sunday, March 14, 2010

water world



saturday morning i was fine with the rain. i was actually giggling when i was almost blown down the street. i was reveling in my yellow rain boots and splashing in puddles. this is not my usual take on the rain...but for some, unknown, reason i was okay with it. i should have known it was the calm before my own storm.

i went to bed on the early side after hitting up the bar. i was going stir crazy. b and i had a quick dinner at Baoguette and then i called it a night and climbed into bed. there was a small leak...not bad. i put a towel down under the window and thought it would be fine. it's dripped before and the towel did the trick

when i was awakened at 3 am with one of the most bizarre and disturbing nightmares. i was confused...why was i soaking wet?!? what the heck was going on? i am not talking about damp...i am talking about laying on my feather bed that was now completely flattened, under a wet duvet, pajamas drenched through, mattress cover soaked...mattress...i can't even think of another word for wet. the mattress was wet. i was laying in a puddle! can't you drowned in a teaspoon of water? so, that leak? the one i thought was just a little drip? it was pouring through the top of my closed window and onto me! i was wet and freezing.

i tried to fall asleep on the couch...nope...tried to lay back down on the edge my bed...noway, it was pretty bad and smelled like wet feathers! i watched at least 3 infomercials...the magic bullet? that thing looks great! the wave...you can lose inches in just ten days...and some other crazy fitness thing that marines swear by--fantastic. i'm running on empty at the moment. i look like the walking dead. (shrug)

i called my mom at 8 am. she answered the phone in a panic, "what's wrong?" i had spoken to her last night and i never call at that time. i was kind of laughing...what else was i to do? my mom and dad were both on the phone. i love when they do that. i only have to tell a story once. my mom assured me that i was never a bed wetter...that i hated being wet. i still do. i have thing about my feet and neck getting wet. mom offered to come in. so nice...but i can do laundry. sometimes it just feels good to talk to your parents when you are down. i must say it helped...a LOT.

i love my parents. they live in a big, old, drafty farmhouse...they totally get it.
i told my mom it was one of those days. when i went to get dressed i was in a daze and the front of my dresser drawer fell off in my hand when i opened it. kicking the dresser felt pretty good and so did screaming a little when i told my parents the story. i could hear them laughing, we were all laughing. how in the world does a lofted bed flood? don't you usually raise things up so they don't flood?

this morning was spent lugging bedding to and from the laundry-mat. it was three trips there and three trips home and countless quarters. i happen to have two duvets, two duvet cover, a mattress cover, 3 pillows, sheets, and one heavy feather bed. i must admit i didn't even touch my pendleton.

the good news? everything is clean and smells downy fresh. now i have to tackle cleaning the rest of my apartment. i just don't have it in my right now. i retreated to the coffee shop to just get out of my place for a few hours.

hope everyone stayed drier than i did this weekend. i am still enjoying my yellow boots.

1 comment:

  1. Love the pics, but sorry about the bad luck :( out of misery comes art!

    ReplyDelete