Monday, May 3, 2010

ch-ch-changes

do you notice something new and improved about my blog? look at my header? designed by the ever talented and lovely k. we went through a few designs and i loved this one. it's kind of like earthworms and embroidery all mashed together and it's my favorite color (and k's too!) i got to play client for a day. i was pretty bad at it. it's fun to have a creative boyfriend who makes stuff for me. i cook for him in return. it's the least i can do. he might be getting some new pocket squares this week if i can find the time to sit and sew. sewing has become a nice way for me to relax...

so, this weekend was hot, hot, hot! and filled with lots to do. i needed a breather on sunday. i felt like i had been rushing around and seeing people and hanging out and i just needed to be alone in my own space. sometimes i have a hard time asking for things even though i know how badly i need them. i tend to retreat and become withdrawn...it's not so cute. i don't do so well with confrontation. still working on that one...

i have to remember to choose happiness and know that it's okay to ask for some space and to spend some time with myself. i always end up boring myself in the end and love to be social. it doesn't mean that i don't love everyone...it just means that i need to be alone...i watched father of the bride and sat in the ac with mugi and then took a nap. it was just what i needed.

i get so use to go-go-going that i lose track of what i need. i think it's what led to the adrenal fatigue and my total meltdown this winter. i forgot to take time for me and any time i tried i got sidetracked with trying to help other people....which is great but really you have to help yourself first.

my yogi tea fortune just confirmed my post: "your head must bow to your heart."

1 comment: