Friday, May 14, 2010

girl time



dd and i had a bit of girl time...we went to the bar and sipped vodka sodas and worked on our embroidery. there were a couple of strange looks shot our way...but we also had some admirers. i am still in love with creating something with my hands after a long day of number crunching and key board pounding. and it seems like people get joy out of receiving something home made. stay tuned for images from my latest project. i am also hoping that dd finishes her napkins and place mats so i can post them soon.

k and i are headed to ct on saturday...so that gives me three hours of embroidery time on the train, which is much better than my usual catching up on star magazine time. k is meeting my folks and family for the first time! he is making his gluten free madelines...they are truly amazing. i keep telling him that he needs to sell them...but then again, i think i would like to keep them all for myself.

have a great weekend! the sun is fighting to stay out. i am pretty sure it will win.

No comments:

Post a Comment