Monday, May 17, 2010

work, work


this weekend was so lovely...i went out to bk on friday eve and k and i ordered in...we planned our escape to ct and he made my parents a batch of chocolate madelines...we had a few bumps in the escape plan, such as the 4/5 not operating. ugh! lucky for us a cab came zooming down the street, which was much more civilized.

i have really been trying to embrace the subway system...it's just not me. i wish it was and so does my pocketbook. i just find it crowded, hot, stinky...just not my cup of tea. i know it's a luxury to pop into a cab and it's kind of nice that i work 8 blocks from my apartment and the need for taxis is not all that great.

ct was fun...just the right amount of time. we were exhausted from all of the trains and cars and happy to be back in the wv. k had a long bike ride yesterday while i did some laundry. apparently he is allergic to down. this would usually be a deal breaker for me...but he's just too sweet. i had purchased a liberty of london cotton blanket a few months back and hauled that over to the laundry mat...it was my first night not under down. it's going to take some getting used to. i love the weight of a duvet and have had one my entire life. mugi seemed to love the brightly colored comforter. she was unphased.

anywho...on my walk to work today i saw this truck and thought..."ah, in my next life i will be a playground doctor!" it's sounds whimsical but i am pretty sure it's hard work. i just loved the vehicle...maybe i could be the doctor playground's driver?

No comments:

Post a Comment