Sunday, January 9, 2011

heading home...






I cannot believe it! I'm all packed and ready to go. My flight is at 4pm tomorrow...and then to HK and then to Vancouver and then NYC, baby! I have one more early morning yoga class to stretch it out before flying for over 20 hours. Yikes! I am kind of looking forward to getting on the plane(s). I am not looking forward to lugging my gear from gate to gate...I definitely supported Bali's economy while I was here.

One update, I have been hanging out with a great crew from the city. T is a make-up artist, C is a stylist and M own's Flying A...and her beautiful daughter M is just the cat's meow. They are staying a few houses down from me and have welcomed me into their Bali family.

We went to the beach yesterday and today to a really cool market where I bought this amazing elephant stool for $4...yes, a carved wood stool for $4...I couldn't resist it! I plan on using it as my meditation alter when I get back. I have been looking for something special for months in New York and couldn't afford any of the pieces that I loved. I could afford this! I have it in my carry-on and it is much heavier than it looked when I bought it. It was being used to display handicrafts and I asked if I could buy it. They looked at me strangely and just threw a price at me and in Bali fashion I haggled...I have learned the ways of this place!

What else...just a ton of yoga and meditating, seeing the island and eating! I will miss the Balinese food and it's bargain prices. 5 of us ate for $18 tonight. It was such a yummy dinner of green curry, spring rolls, and a few other Balinese dishes while sitting on straw mats backed with big pillows. I love eating this way. I am thinking of having a small dinner party and trying to bring some of the recipes home. I don't think we will be eating on the floor though! You will have to take your shoes off at the door. I like this ritual.

So, that's the last post from this side of the world for a little while. I will be back here and I hope within the year. It is a magical place and I don't think that my pictures do it justice. I wish they did, but I can't capture the spirit of the people or the smells on the streets or the feeling of riding on the back of a motorbike...it's just spectacular and I thank all of my friends and family who encouraged me to take this trip...who soothed me when I was frightened and who wrote to me with great support while I was here. Thank you so, so much...I am so glad that I did this and I am so grateful for each and every one of you. I know that I am coming home to an abundance of love and happiness and I cannot wait!

See you on the other side! There might be time for one more post during my HK layover...it's a loooong one.

Sending my love and happiness and to everyone until I can put my arms around you and give you a proper thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment