Monday, January 3, 2011

settled in






I have settled into my life in Ubud...Yes, I know I have to leave. Right now I am focusing on making the most of the time that I have here. Yesterday I traveling around and went to all different local craft workshops. I learned how ikat is made. Pretty amazing stuff. I can understand why is is so expensive now! I also went to a word carving shop and purchased a new Buddha for my meditation alter at home. There is a picture of the artist carving it. I got a deal because he wasn't quite finished. I am thinking it is a metaphor for me...I am bit unfinished, myself. He is carefully wrapped up and ready to make the journey the other side of the world.

I have been starting my days with gentle yoga and then breakfast and then just relaxing and wandering. I have met a motorbike driver who takes me to and from town. It's kind of fun to sit side saddle and watch the lush landscape whiz by.

It is so amazing here. Yes, there are a TON of tourists...so many...but, there are also quiet little places to discover. My house is located in a tiny village and I can explore there. Right now I am eating my breakfast across sitting on a straw mat and looking out over a lotus blossom field and rice paddies. It's spectacular.

This morning I did not want to get out of bed for yoga. I wanted to nestle back in and then I remembered last night's movie...and I motivated. So glad that I did. Today I am planning on just hanging out and walking around, taking a swim and reading. I do have some real work to do and I will get to that as well.

Life is good in Ubud. I have moments of loneliness and pangs of homesickness and thoughts of boarding a plane early and then I think, "What? When will you be here again!?!" and I breathe...and I am here. I am here right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment